No positions available
Cape Town, South Africa
Technical Account Manager
Technical Account Manager
Who are we?
biNu is a dynamic but mature mobile startup company based in Sydney but with additional offices and staff in Cape Town and India.
biNu’s main product is a mobile App Publishing Platform and content delivery engine that is highly data efficient. The platform is used by customers to create #datafree apps that are zero-rated and free of mobile data cost to use.
Our Cape Town office is located in Woodstock. We are a casual, flexible organisation with a focus on delivery and results.
Who are we looking for?
We are searching for a smart, well-rounded and well-presented mid-level Technical Account Manager for the Cape Town office to help us drive adoption and growth of the app publishing platform and #datafree ecosystem by digital agencies and dev businesses.
As a Technical Account Manager, you should be a tech-savvy professional, able to explain technical details and requirements to a non-technical audience in order to support the pre and post sales process and strengthen customer relationships.
We will need you to analyze prospects’ technical and business requirements, as well as develop solutions that meet those needs. At times you may need to work with the product development teams in order to customize products and projects for large sales or for individual customers.
You will also need to demonstrate our products to customers and explain how they meet customers’ needs. In addition, you will require project management skills to put together installation programs that will minimize disruption for customers, and then also arrange training for customers for effective use of the platform.
Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide business, technical, and product knowledge in support of pre and post sales activities in order to ensure customer satisfaction;
- Address product related questions and technical challenges from customers and partners;
- Possess enough technical know-how to assess early-on whether any aspect of the #datafree platform is appropriate for the client’s needs;
- Provide creative solutions to clients’ needs, for example port existing apps onto the #datafree platform or build app on top of existing web backend;
- Educate clients on how existing and new product features and functionality work, their benefits and how best to use them;
- Monitor accounts to ensure correct usage of the product stack and optimal performance of apps on the platform;
- Accurately replicate, identify, and document software defects and enhancement requests within appropriate tracking system;
- Act as the conduit to the technical support organization to ensure client escalations are responded to and resolved in due time;
- Solve, or assist clients to solve technical problems or challenges they are experiencing with the platform;
- In some cases, act as business analyst to collect and analyse client requirements, and then project manage the internal dev team during the development cycle;
- Help create and distribute promotional material to support adoption of the platform
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or diploma in any IT or analytical discipline;
- 3 – 6 years’ experience in a technical environment, preferably with a development background and some experience of account management or other client facing role;
- Ability to match client’s business requirements with product capabilities;
- Familiarity with the Internet, web development, the mobile environment and front-end development;
- Ability to make right decisions based on strong analytical reasoning skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills that build positive relationships with other team members in different countries, and clients;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Project management experience with a strong ability to organize work schedule and time to ensure deadlines are met.
Think you’re up to the task? Then send us your CV and details below: